Question: How do I strengthen my uterus so not to Hemorrhage in labor

melaniere - Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:17 pm

When i have a baby i bleed Alot (some doctors have called it Hemorrhaging ) and with my last one i was in the labor and delivery room for 10 min before i had my baby and 3 1/2 hours after because the bleeding was so bad. I do not want to die giving birth so what can i so to strengthen those mussels so they contract much faster so I stop bleeding sooner and don't loose so much blood?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:03 pm

I do not know of any exercises that can help prevent post-partum hemorrhage. Knowing your history is good so the doctors can be prepared. It is important to put your baby to breast right away as that helps contract the uterus so try to do that and nurse frequently right from the beginning. There are medications they can give as well and as always it is good to have a healthy diet, rich in vitamins so you are in good condition for giving birth. You want to eat iron-rich foods to help counteract any anemia resulting from pregnancy and blood loss.

|