Question: I have 8.8 cms fibroid,and i am 3 months pregnant

Rajni_kumar - Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Doctor,

I have 8.8 cms fibroid in my uterus, also i am 3 months pregnant (as on 27 June'10).
In ultrasound, as per my doctor, the fibroid is not at all disturbing the growth of my baby and it can be removed during my delivery.
This fibroid is causing me pain a lot, i can't even sleep during night time. I always have fear about this pain. The pain is so severe,that i cant hold it.
As suggested by my doctor, he don't want me to give pain killers as it may effect my baby. He suggested me Crocin tablet (during severe pain), but it is not helping me.

Please help me out as i can't hold this pain and still 6 months are remaining for delivery.

--
Rajni
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:43 am

I'm sorry to say there is not much to be done for your discomfort. You may get some relief by using ice packs at the area of the pain to numb the area. In most cases these do not interfere with pregnancy but there could be a higher risk of the baby being in a breech or other position, hemorrhage at the time of delivery and even interference if the fibroid grows over the opening of the uterus. Sometimes they twist and cause pain. Perhaps this is what is happening with you.

Surgery is rarely performed during pregnancy (to remove the fibroid) because of the risk of miscarriage in the process. You might explore some alternative therapies for pain control such as acupuncture and hypnosis. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with this and I hope that in time it will not be as bad as it is now. Have you tried acetaminophen for the pain? Is it available where you live? It is considered safe in pregnancy. Sometimes narcotics are needed in pregnancy and if taken sparingly these will not harm the fetus but of course you do not want to develop a dependence on these drugs.

Good luck with your difficult pregnancy. I do hope you will find relief soon.

|