Question: CERCLAGE AT WEEK 29

niteshbhd - Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 pm

i am 29 weeks pregnant now and there was small bleeding and spoting and when i visited my doctor she advised me for the ultrasound and then told me that my cervix lenghth is 3.1 cm and advised me for the stiching or total bed rest.
i am scared now..... is there anything serious for my baby? please advise me what should i do? should i go for the stiching?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:47 pm

There is very little risk with the cerclage and the potential benefit is great in one whose cervix is incompetent. It can buy you some precious time for your baby but should also be accompanied by reduced activity if not limited bed rest. I think the benefit is worth it but don't assume you can continue your normal activities just because you have it in place. It is not 100%.

Best wishes for a healthy delivery.

|