News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: different Norethisterone drugs for low progesterone

scratchy907 - Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi,

I used to live in the UK and was prescribed Norethisterone 5mg for low progesterone which worked great. I now live in California and was recently prescribed Camila 35mg for the same condition. I was wondering what is the difference between the two drugs and why does the second dose appear to be so much higher?

Thanks,
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:30 pm

User avatar Hello,
Are you certain the dosage is 35 mg and not 0.35 mg. (the common dosage)?

I'm not certain why the differing levels but sometimes it takes trial and error to find the right amount of hormone and amounts vary with the different oral contraceptives. The formula commonly available in a country depending on the manufacturers may explain this variation but I can't say for sure.

I would recommend you discuss the levels with your prescribing physician for clarification, especially if it is not working well for you.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here