Question: Is missionary position safe during pregnancy?

TaintedShadow - Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Im 30 weeks and a few days along and so far no complications, thank goodness. Is missionary sex safe when I am this far along? Its no uncomfortable for me as I don't have a very large stomache. Is it safe for me and my baby?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

The position will not harm your baby as long as you are comfortable. If he helps hold up his weight, it should help you but since you are not having discomfort, it should be fine and will cause no problems to the baby. Your baby is quite well-protected in the strong uterus, the amniotic fluid and your abdominal muscles. The rule of thumb is to let your body guide you and do just what feels comfortable.

|