News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Is missionary position safe during pregnancy?

TaintedShadow - Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Im 30 weeks and a few days along and so far no complications, thank goodness. Is missionary sex safe when I am this far along? Its no uncomfortable for me as I don't have a very large stomache. Is it safe for me and my baby?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

User avatar Hello,
The position will not harm your baby as long as you are comfortable. If he helps hold up his weight, it should help you but since you are not having discomfort, it should be fine and will cause no problems to the baby. Your baby is quite well-protected in the strong uterus, the amniotic fluid and your abdominal muscles. The rule of thumb is to let your body guide you and do just what feels comfortable.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here