News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Do I qualify for an HSG on the NHS?

tigers79 - Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 am

Hi,
I'm 31 years old and have been with my new partner for a year. He has 4 children already. I have a history of Adhesions from an Appendicitus complicated with pelvic sepsis - I had surgery in 2007 - this was to remove my 'blocked tubes' however, the surgeon found they were stuck down (adhesions), so he freed them and stiched them back into place. In Sept 2008 I had an HSG (me and my partner at the time had been trying to get pregnant for a year) and it showed everything was still ok in there.
My age and my partners age (he's 36) are now against us and we've been trying to get pregnant for the last 6 months. I know if we need IVF we have to go private but I thought a HSG would be done on the NHS - I had an appointment come through for Sept but it's been cancelled as it's 'Investigating my Fertility'. Is this because I've had one before? or perhaps because my partner has children?
I had day 21 bloods taken last month and they showed I didn't ovulate. I'm pretty sure I have this month but if I'm not ovulating surely it makes sense to have my tubes checked before I'm given treatment for ovulation? My GP mentioned Clomid when I last saw her but also referred me to the hospital convinced they would check my tubes - will I be entitled to this help?
I'm very worried about all this - I just want to have a baby of my own and I'm scared time will run out if we don't get the help we need.
Thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:34 am

User avatar Hello,
Health plan questions must be referred to the individual plan agency. We cannot say what the policy or payment would be for these tests. Please call your customer service people associated with the plan.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here