Question: Yeast infection, discharge turns yellow after Monostat-1

LilyLu - Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:48 am

One month ago I had a severe UTI for which I was prescribed Bactrim. On the second day of that antibiotic I became violently ill and had to be treated for a reaction to that drug. I was given another antibiotic which cleared up the infection.
I began having yeast infection symptoms (White thick/pasty discharge, severe itching, very sleepy) a few days ago, and purchased Monostat-1 (ovule) 3 days ago and applied it immediately)
Yesterday I noticed my discharge was no longer bright white, but instead is pale bright yellow. Initially I thought it could have been from urine, since I noticed this when I was in the restroom. Last night I had cramps similar to menstrual cramps. This morning, before I used the restroom I confirmed that the discharge itself has turned yellow. I have not used the 1-day treatments before, but have never had this happen with the 3-day or 7-day creams. The itching has subsided to almost nothing, and as of this morning the cramps seem to have gone away. One of the side effects I read on the Monostat-1 ovule was abdominal cramping.
I have had the same partner (my husband of 3 years) for the last 7 years and have no reason to believe he has been unfaithful during that time.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:18 pm

I would just watch this and see if it changes. The fact it is not foul-smelling is encouraging but infections do sometimes result in color changes so if it continues you should have it checked.

|