Question: Pap results

tmv513 - Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 pm

I am pregnant and had my 1st visit five days ago during which I had a pap and hpv test and whatever else they test for. I then got tons of bloodwork done two days ago. I remembered to ask if she only calls if there is a problem but forgot to ask how long for her to get results and I am going crazy worrying. How long do the results usually take?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 am

The test results will vary for timing but I would expect you to have all results within a couple of weeks. Try not to worry. Unless you have some risky behaviors, chances are labs will all be fine. It's good to check in case treatment is warranted for some underlying infection. Titers also detect antibodies to communicable diseases like Rubella to see if you are immune. If not, they can give you the vaccine after delivery. Other tests will determine if you are anemic, your blood type, etc. These are all routine. Sexually transmitted diseases require antibiotics so it is important to rule these out. The pap is also routine and even an abnormal result is usually not serious but good to watch.

|