News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pap results

tmv513 - Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 pm

I am pregnant and had my 1st visit five days ago during which I had a pap and hpv test and whatever else they test for. I then got tons of bloodwork done two days ago. I remembered to ask if she only calls if there is a problem but forgot to ask how long for her to get results and I am going crazy worrying. How long do the results usually take?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 am

User avatar Hello,
The test results will vary for timing but I would expect you to have all results within a couple of weeks. Try not to worry. Unless you have some risky behaviors, chances are labs will all be fine. It's good to check in case treatment is warranted for some underlying infection. Titers also detect antibodies to communicable diseases like Rubella to see if you are immune. If not, they can give you the vaccine after delivery. Other tests will determine if you are anemic, your blood type, etc. These are all routine. Sexually transmitted diseases require antibiotics so it is important to rule these out. The pap is also routine and even an abnormal result is usually not serious but good to watch.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here