Question: Prolonged Bleeding After First Sexual Intercourse

PhantomPhan - Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:16 pm

I engaged in sexual intercourse for the first time on July 30. Since then, I have been spotting almost constantly, usually ending up with a patch of blood about 2X1 inches in dimension by the end of the day. The bleeding seemed to be almost over about a week ago, but I, due to the inhibited reasoning skills caused by sexual arousal, masturbated, causing the bleeding to return. Since then, I've been emitting a constant amount of dark-brown blood every day.
I am on the pill, and will be taking my placebos next week.
I would like to know whether or not this is something I should be concerned about, or, if I leave myself alone, it will stop.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 am

This is not something to worry about and I suspect it will resolve on its own. Having a rest from sex is probably a good idea but it isn't dangerous either. The fact that the blood was brown indicates it is old blood that was kind of stuck in there long enough to take on a different color. Don't stress unless you get high volume bleeding (soaking a pad or tampon every hour for several hours).

|