Question: Unknown tampon stuck in vagina for ??? long

mandyrae - Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:44 am

I was going to pee and it felt like something was in my vagina. So i felt and it was a tampon. I don't know how how long it has been in there or what and the last day of my last period was july 31 it could have also been from way before that. It was covered in yellow stuff and it stunk bad. I have heard about tss so i am scared. What should i do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:02 am

If after removing the old tampon you feel normal and your discharge is not foul-smelling, excessive or unusual you are probably just fine. While There is always a chance of infection, in most cases this does not happen. Any unusual symptoms should be reported but you would not have infection without symptoms so if you feel fine, have no fever or the above mentioned concerns, just watch for signs of such in the coming days and see your doctor if you notice anything of concern since infections require antibiotics.

|