News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Unknown tampon stuck in vagina for ??? long

mandyrae - Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:44 am

I was going to pee and it felt like something was in my vagina. So i felt and it was a tampon. I don't know how how long it has been in there or what and the last day of my last period was july 31 it could have also been from way before that. It was covered in yellow stuff and it stunk bad. I have heard about tss so i am scared. What should i do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:02 am

User avatar Hello,
If after removing the old tampon you feel normal and your discharge is not foul-smelling, excessive or unusual you are probably just fine. While There is always a chance of infection, in most cases this does not happen. Any unusual symptoms should be reported but you would not have infection without symptoms so if you feel fine, have no fever or the above mentioned concerns, just watch for signs of such in the coming days and see your doctor if you notice anything of concern since infections require antibiotics.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here