Question: effects of vomiting while using cilest birth control pill

giggle - Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 am

i have been using cilest birth control pill for 4 months now. Ive been vomiting on a daily basis and have ran 3 packs of cilest back to back without a break because of the vomiting. I currently have 10 days left in the 3rd pack but over the past week i have had some bleeding it has been consistent but very light also I havent vomited under 3 and a half hours after taking the pill every day. I was told that as long as you don't vomit within 3 hours of taking the pill it would be absorbed fine I wanted to know if that is true and whether I should worry about the bleeding?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:07 pm

It is not normal to vomit every day so you need to find out the cause and treat it. If the birth control pill is having this side effect on you, it may be necessary to change your prescription. You are correct that it is likely absorbed if you did not "lose" it within the first 30 minutes of taking it, but this is not good for your health and you must get it under control so please see your doctor.

|