Question: Progestrone level on 5th day of cycle?

atomica - Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:13 am

I had an abortion on july2010. After 1 month I got my cycle nomally and went to doctor to do some tesets looking for the reason of misscarriage..
My progestrone level was (0.37 ng/ ml) on the 5th day of my cycle..
The doctor told me it is too low ( as she said it should be at least 15 ng/ml ) !! gave me a medicine for 3 months starting from day 11 to day 26 of cycle .
Do you think it is really very low.. although I did the test on 5th day of cycle..??!!
PLease advice me
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Are you saying you had a spontaneous abortion? I assume this is the case since you then mention miscarriage and looking for the cause. Sometimes low progesterone is implicated in miscarriage and can be supplemented to sustain pregnancy until the placenta can take over the production of progesterone.

The treatment is appropriate but I would not be concerned about the level at day five. It just isn't that much of a concern and the supplementation will bring your levels up during the more critical times.

Best wishes and good luck.

|