News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Pre ejaculation pregnancy.

chezabelle - Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:11 pm

So, my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time about 2 weeks ago, two times over the weekend. We used spermicidal lube and a condom half way through both times. a week later we had sex again and both times (twice again) we used spermicidal lube and then a condom after wards except for the last time because he had no condom so we just stopped. My boyfriend was no where near climax either time. I'm not sure if he pre-ejaculated or not. I'm supposed to get my period sometime this week and I have been on and off birth control for two years ( at the time we had sex I didn't have my prescription. ) this all happened a week ago. What are my chances of being pregnant?
Help! Please?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:27 pm

User avatar Hello,
There are several factors which can influence your chances of pregnancy. If you have pretty normal periods, and it sounds like you do, you would be in a mostly "safe" time of your cycle when it is not likely you were ovulating. Every woman is different but in general with cycles of 26-32 days between, fertility occurs sometime between days 8 and 19 (start counting with the first day of your last period). Day 20 and beyond are usually unlikely days for pregnancy to occur, even with full ejaculation. However, we do not recommend this method as being reliable since failure rate is higher than other methods of birth control. But, it does suggest low odds for pregnancy occurring from that one encounter, especially when it comes to pre-ejaculate only.

You should be pretty safe with the spermicide and condom use previously. There are always exceptions, but the combination is quite reliable as a rule.

If your period does not start as expected, take a home pregnancy test.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here