Question: Pregnant Before Period???

armyangel2385 - Mon May 09, 2005 3:10 pm

I was living in korea for awhile and dating on and off I had sex with my boyfriend at the time on the 10 or 11 of April. Then on the 13 I got my period. On the 20 I came back to the states and sex with my now fiance. I went to the doctors today and she said the the line is faint, but im pregnant. She put me down as just about three weeks. I there any way it can be the boyfriend from korea. I wasn't ovulating or anything. Just wondering I don't want to have to do a test after the baby is born.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 10, 2005 4:41 am

User avatar Hi armyangel2385,
Are your menstrual cycles regular and if so what exactly are your cycles, 21 days, 28 days etc?
 asadler100983 - Fri May 27, 2005 3:36 pm

I had sex with this guy i was seeing bout a month ago, I was supposed to get my period around 5/10, now its the 27th I started bleeding a little tis morning and the cramps are unbelievable. I thought I was pregnant and i took 3 pregnancy tests 2 came up negative and 1 positive. Is this Normal? Can I be pregenant? Miscarrage?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri May 27, 2005 5:19 pm

User avatar Hi asadler100983,
I would strongly suggest an evaluation by your physician. Pregnancy tests may give a false negative result but not a false positive because the hormone secreted during pregnancy needs to be present for the result to be positive.
 gabesmom - Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:08 pm

well, armyangel, to be blunt.....you shoulda thought about that before you decided to sleep around and not use protection! (typical military) but, anyhow, the doctors aren't going to know exactly how far along you are until they have done an ultrasound. it is unlikely to be pregnant and have a regular period. if you told them your last menstural cycle i don't know why they would put you at 3 weeks. i am pregnant for the 3rd time, and both last time and this time i couldn't have been anymore than like 2 weeks pregnant before i found out. i wouldn't worry about it until you get your ultrasound then you will know for sure!

|