News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Pregnant Before Period???

armyangel2385 - Mon May 09, 2005 3:10 pm

I was living in korea for awhile and dating on and off I had sex with my boyfriend at the time on the 10 or 11 of April. Then on the 13 I got my period. On the 20 I came back to the states and sex with my now fiance. I went to the doctors today and she said the the line is faint, but im pregnant. She put me down as just about three weeks. I there any way it can be the boyfriend from korea. I wasn't ovulating or anything. Just wondering I don't want to have to do a test after the baby is born.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 10, 2005 4:41 am

User avatar Hi armyangel2385,
Are your menstrual cycles regular and if so what exactly are your cycles, 21 days, 28 days etc?
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 asadler100983 - Fri May 27, 2005 3:36 pm

I had sex with this guy i was seeing bout a month ago, I was supposed to get my period around 5/10, now its the 27th I started bleeding a little tis morning and the cramps are unbelievable. I thought I was pregnant and i took 3 pregnancy tests 2 came up negative and 1 positive. Is this Normal? Can I be pregenant? Miscarrage?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri May 27, 2005 5:19 pm

User avatar Hi asadler100983,
I would strongly suggest an evaluation by your physician. Pregnancy tests may give a false negative result but not a false positive because the hormone secreted during pregnancy needs to be present for the result to be positive.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 gabesmom - Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:08 pm

well, armyangel, to be blunt.....you shoulda thought about that before you decided to sleep around and not use protection! (typical military) but, anyhow, the doctors aren't going to know exactly how far along you are until they have done an ultrasound. it is unlikely to be pregnant and have a regular period. if you told them your last menstural cycle i don't know why they would put you at 3 weeks. i am pregnant for the 3rd time, and both last time and this time i couldn't have been anymore than like 2 weeks pregnant before i found out. i wouldn't worry about it until you get your ultrasound then you will know for sure!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here