News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Pregancy ?

Gem - Tue May 31, 2005 7:04 am

HI

I am one day late of my period. I have a long but regualr cycle of 40 days. The day that my period is due, I experienced lots of white mucus which I have never experienced before. It is this a a sign of pregancy or can you have wet mucus before you have your perod. I am also experience lots of bloating and lower cramps.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:50 pm

User avatar It is possible, there tends to be more thick mucous in pregnancy. You can test even at one day late in most all pregnancy tests you can purchase at a pharmacy. It would be best to make it first morning urine, tho, it will be more concentrated. The bloating and cramps are very common symptoms to have right before a period, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. If you are only late one day, you would only technically be a couple of weeks into a pregnancy, not really far enough to have symptoms yet.

Sometimes, if you are really worried about it, it will delay your period and cause a vicious cycle of worrying and waiting. I suggest you do a pregnancy test tomorrow a.m., if it is the result you want, you can stop worrying! :D

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here