Question: Missing Period, white discharge.

StarAngelCrystal - Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:45 am

I am a 19 yr old with a soon to be 2 yr old daughter and ever since I had my daughter, my periods have been a little painful. They were not to bad but they were normal. In the month of May, I skipped my period entirely but continued to have abdominal cramps, and cold flashes on very hot days. Instead of having my period, I have discharging white, thick discharge that has a slight odor to it. Close to the end of the month, my discharge would, well, discharge so much that I thought I started my period, but did not. Is this normal in any way? The last time I had sex was back in October of 04. I did not take a pregnancy test since I only skipped the month of May and figured that I cannot be pregnant. Should I go talk to a gyn. about this matter or wait it out? Thank you.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:26 pm

User avatar You should test as soon as your first missed period. You could quite possibly be pregnant. Are you on any hormonal birth control?

Is the discharge slightly like cottage cheese consistency? Do you have any itching, or irritation? If so, it may be a simple yeast infection, you can get over the counter treatments such as monistat for that.

Is the smell bad, resembling fish? If so, get to a doctor and get it treated. It could be an STD or simple bacterial vaginitis.

Remember not to use feminie hygiene products and especially don't douche! These things upset the normal balance of bacteria that keep the vagina healthy. Many also contain perfumes, it's just a bad idea. Bathing every day with soap and water is sufficient.

|