News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Do I need to go to the doctor?

embarrassed - Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:53 pm

OK this is extremely embarrassing, and I don't know who to ask. That is why I am posting this anonymously. I am hoping I don't have to go to the doctor.

Last weekend, I had my period and usually the 2nd day is pretty heavy. Normally I don't use tampons, but I had to be out and about, and they are cleaner than regular pads. So I decided to wear one. Well I had been back and forth with errands, and I know I used another tampon later that day.

Later that night I got that feeling, the one you get when you don't remember if you turned off the iron when you get to work, only this feeling was more like, " Did I remove the old tampon before putting in a new one? "

My question, is it possible to do that? Put a new one in without removing the old one? And now my period is over, wouldn't I feel something. I am afraid I pushed it up there with the string, and it will stay up there? Am I being paranoid? Wouldn't I feel something, I mean I would know- right?

I know this is a silly question, but I am too embarrassed to go to the doctor. Many times I think I left the iron on, then I go all the way back home, and I did turn it off.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:11 pm

User avatar Embarrassed,
First there is nothing to be embarrassed about! I personally don't think its likely that you have placed two tampons in there. Second I don't think its possible to push the tampon beyond the cervix. You can easily exclude it by pulling the tampon out. If you are suffering from obsession then you might consider seeking psychiatric advice too. It will certainly make your life alot easier.

Best regards!
 cindyjoe - Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:08 pm

I'm sure you have already figured out your situation, but I wanted to let you know that I have done it as well. I didn't realize it until I pulled out one and felt something strange. I put my finger inside and found another tampon!!! No damage done, just a little embarrassing for myself! I just wanted to ease your mind.

Take care!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here