Question: I havent got my period ......W/b asap

Caitlyn - Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:50 pm

Dear Doctors,

I havent got my period yet and im very worried because everyone else has and im just turned 14 on May 23 but i stil havent gotten it yet ..... what does this mean?? i somewhat of boobs but not to much like and A32 or around there but will I ever get my period???? Please help me..... :!:

Love ,
Caitlyn
 Kirsty_Oz - Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:20 pm

there is no set age from when a girl starts menstrating. some can be as young as 8, some 18. It is not something you should really worry about just yet.
However, if you do have any concerns, please check it out with your GP to ensure everything is ok (ie- pituritry glands function, meeting expected growth and development rates etc).
There can be medical reasons for not reaching puberty (not to say you are not going through puberty).
as i meantioned, and i am sure others will too. ultimately if you have a concern, please consult your physican.however, it is not uncommon at 14 to not yet be menstrating.
 gabesmom - Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:43 pm

i knew a girl who didn't get her period until she was 18. it's perfectly normal. everyone matures at a different rate. enjoy it now!!!! it's no fun! although if you talk to your parents and doctor they might suggest putting you on birth control pills, not because your sexually active, but to keep your periods regular. if you started taking them then you would probably get your period, but i wouldn't suggest that just yet. hang in there!!! don't worry! it will happen.
 Caitlyn - Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:26 am

Dear Doctors,

hi I havent got my period yet and im very worried its a constant thing for me always asking myself when ??? im 14 already and well i need to know what to do should i go to the doctors b.c my mom is very worried she got hers when she was ten and my older sister when she was 14 or13 and i don't want to get it by the time im 18 or 16 that'd be forever ! so please what should i do ??? i feel like ill never get it should i go to the doctor?!? or what please please i need to know what to do and alll the girls in my grade have gotten theirs ! =( so please help!
 Gracie - Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:25 am

Once you get your period, You'll want to give it back!
Don;t worry so much, it will come, just give it some time, Im sure it will happen soon.
 blondie143 - Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:33 pm

Dear doctors,

I havent gotten my period and it is over a month overdue, ive had unprotected sex. i have taken two pregancy tests already and then showed up negative, i just have this weird feeling that the tests arent accuate for some reason. i even went in to a clinic for one of the tests, i just feel like it was maybe something i drank or something i ate that the tests are not showing up positive, im really worried and don't know what to do.. :cry:

thanks so much
 SashaBear13 - Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:47 pm

I haven't gotton my period yet and im almost 13. EVERYONE in school has gotten theirs why havent i. i feel so alone. i always keep a pad in my purse to look like i have my period but it doesnt help!!!
When do u think i'll start [/b]
 CuriousGel - Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:25 pm

Depending on your extracurricular activities ie gymnastics, cheering, or running, you may prevent your body from going through puberty until a later age. Also if you are small and skinny, you may not get it until you gain a little weight. It's perfectly normal to not get your period at your ages. I wouldn't be so concerned, I got my period at 10 and envy those, like my sister, who did not get it until she was 18.
 periodless:( - Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 am

IM 15!!!!!!!!!!!!
and still havent got my period!
AND im boobless!
so all you 13 year old and 14 year olds give us a break! im 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats year 11 people!
[u]HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEE![/u]
why havent i got it? and what happens if i don't?
If i go to the doctors, what will they do?
My friend said they take a blood test, but another said they 'take a look in me' .....
i feel so left out and alone. My friends say its good not to have it, but they just understand!
Everyone has it in me year except me, it sucks! All my friends got it years ago, and now their little sisters are even getting it before me, its really quite shamefull.
Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

Please help me,
Sincerely Periodless :(
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Dear Periodless,
I know it sound cliche but we all do have a biological clock. Each persons is individual. If you really feel that you are not going through any puberty yet then you should have your mom take you to the doctor. You say you're boobless, well is there any change since you were a little girl? Are you underweight? overweight?
Have you any pubic hair or underarm hair? This usually happens before you start menstruating. Some girls get it at 9.........others at 19. You're not a freak..this is normal. If you can't give it time and are really worried as I said, discuss it with your Mom or Aunt or Grandmother and ask them about their experiences.
I remember waiting , and feeling left out too. I was sixteen when I started.
Please take my advice and talk to someone in your family and let us know how you're doing
peace,
 sneedhelp - Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 am

I m 21.. i havent got my periods..
i visited many doctors. They examined and came to conclusion that my hymen is imperforated. So they have suggested hymenectomy for it.
When i was 17 i had gone thru laproscopy and they found that one of the ovary(both the ovaries are small as compared to normal size) is detached from the uterus. I wanted to know that are there any chances so that i can get into periods in natural way? Can i have babies.tell me if there is any solution to it. Me and my parents are really worried about this..please help

thank you
 bmg10520 - Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:51 pm

I got my period when i was 17, i am very tall and the doctors told me that tall women tend to get there periods later. No worries.

|