News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: mi gf might be pregnant

helpplease - Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:37 am

last saturday me and my girlfreind had sex for the first time in our lives and we were both virgins before this, we are 13.

i used a condom and we didnt do it for that long plus i did not cum but was only a little bit wet. after we had had sex her breasts hav been feeling quite tender.

what are the chances of pregnancy seein as:

a) i used a condom well within the use by date
b)we didnt do it for that long
c)i did not cum

please reply asap, it would be really helpfull and help me be re-assured
 helpplease - Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

pls sum1 help!!!!!!!!!!
 Kim C, RN - Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:30 pm

Any time you have sex, you risk pregnancy. The only way to not get pregnant is abstinence, or NOT having sex. IF you are going to have sex, using a condom is necessary to help prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Again, the only way to not get an STD is to NOT have sex.

BUT, since you have had sex, let's address that. You only had sex a week ago, and I would think, given the info that I have about your encounter, that she would not be pregnant. I don't know this for sure, though. It IS a possibility.

She can take a home pregnancy test. It may be kind of early for that, though. She can also look in the phone book for a clinic that does pregnancy testing. They can give you answers to your questions, as well as educate you on methods of birth control and disease prevention. If you're going to continue to have sex, I suggest visiting a family planning clinic as soon as possible. These are usually free.

Along with the pleasures of sex comes the responsibility. Remember that every time you have sex you could be creating another life, no matter how "careful" you are!!

Good luck to you... and please post again to let me know how this turns out.
 gabesmom - Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:40 pm

okay, first of all........you don't need to be having sex at the age of 13. what would you do if she were pregnant? are you ready for a baby? you are not even knowleged enough about sex..........so why are you having it? my mom would spank me.........u are surely not mature enough nor responsible enough, so my advice is to wait!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here