Question: Medical Opinion

Gracie - Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:03 am

In February, my boyfriend thought I may be pregnant because i had such terrible mood swongs. I was crying constantly over anything, very sweet one minute and mean the next, I also had discharge from my nipples, was feeling very bloated and tired and realized when he asked that I had not had a period in december.
I took several pergnancy tests at home, over a few weeks, but all were negative, but no period, and symptoms were still there, so I went to a doctor, who did a pregnancy test, and confirmed I was pregnant.
This was very very stressful because my boyfriend did not want a baby, and was pressuring me for an aborton, which I absolutly did not want, I felt like I was being torn in two pieces.
Abotu a week after the doctor told me I was pregnant, I woke up in the middle of the night bleeding. I went to the ER, and they did a pregnancy test and said I was not pregnant, I was having a period.The cramping with this "period" was worse than I ever had before. I do not think they were right, I think I was indeed pregnant, but I guess I will never know.
Since then, my periods have been very irregular. The first one I had after that was on time. The month after it was 8 days late. The following month it was 8 days late. Since february, my periods have consistantly been between 33-35 days apart. Before this happened my periods were very regular, every 28 days. My nipples still occationally discharge, it is clear, and very little, and not all the time.
If it is of any importance, I had a lazer cone biopsy to remove bad cells from my cervix abtou a year ago. I have been unable to follow up or continue treatment because of no insurance, so I don't know whats going on with that at all.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:25 am

User avatar I’m sorry for the loss of your pregnancy. The only way a pregnancy test can come up positive is if you have a hormone in your body called HCG, this is made basically, by the baby and you won’t have it in your body any other way unless it’s been artificially put there.

As the baby implants and grows, the HCG level starts to rise, the higher the level, the easier it is to be picked up on a pregnancy test. Obviously, doctors have much more sensitive tests than are sold over the counters so when you checked, it was a negative because the levels weren’t high enough yet but the doctors could pick up the smallest amounts causing it to read positive.

The first few weeks of a pregnancy are the most critical for the fetus. A lot of fertilized eggs don’t develop right, they don’t implant correctly, they are missing vital parts of human formations, all types of things can happen. Sometimes an early miscarriage can be overlooked as a missed period or late period without the woman ever knowing the difference, I’m sorry you had to know, it can be hard on a person.

If your hormones continue to be messed up and you can’t straighten your cycle out or it’s really bothering you, you may want to think about birth control pills to regulate yourself. Another thing to have checked is your blood type, is you have RH negative blood you may need a RhoGAM shot to help you conceive another baby, talk to your doctor.

|