Question: am i pregnant? please help

biffy - Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:38 am

i have missed my period it was due on 16th june and never came, i have been very bloated, feeling sick, sleeping an awful lot, i have also been having creamy discharge, around the time my period was due there was a lot but not so much now, i have also had sore heads and 1 nose bleed, my boobs normally hurt around the time my period starts and i havent had any of that just itchy nipples, i have been constipated and also more recently i have loose bowels, i havent really been eating everything i make seems like a good idea at the time but i never eat it! i have also been having a few cramps but nothing sore just tugging, i 'FEEL'' pregnant but i am too scared to test as it wasnt planned, my bf says my period is just late but im starting to worry im so scared, my period was always normal give or take a few days but this time its way late, please someone help me i know i wont know for sure till i test, but i just want to make sure my period doesnt come first!
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:25 pm

User avatar You may be pregnant, or may just be experiencing premenstrual symptoms, as all of what you complained of can be.

Many times, the more you worry about starting, the longer it will be, as stress can put off your periods for a very long time. Take the test. If you are pregnant, you are whether you take the test or not, so it really doesn't make sense to live in fear and anxiety.

If the test is negative, your period will probably come in the next couple of days due to relief, it happens all the time! :D
 NICU_RN - Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:17 am

Please keep in mind, that as CMA stated you could be stressing out and that can cause a delay in your period. Also, if you have been exercising more than usual, or a severly reduced calorie diet. When was your last pap smear? Many different infections like bacterial vaginosis (bacterial yeast/vaginal infection), or Pelvic inflammatory disease. If you have any reason to suspect you are pregnant please consider taking a pregnancy test and if you have not had your yearly pap smear test, schedule one as well.
Good Luck
NICU_RN

|