Question: no menstrual cycle for over a year

achiever - Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:44 am

Hi, i'm a 20 year old female and haven't had my menstrual cycle for over a year. I'm not sexually active and it's possible to count the number of menstruation cycles on both hands since first receiving my first period at the age of 12. I do play sports but not excessively however, it should have become regular by now. Is this normal and what should I do about it. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and it is fully appreciated. :D
 EMD - Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:37 am

Hello i am not a doctor but i totally empathis. I have had very erratic cycles since i started menstruating at 16 and after stopping the pill they never returned for 3 years and are even more erratic. Maybe some people are just like us and are not built to menstruate very often. My doctor doesnt seem concerned and it can be related to stress and weight have you considered these and making changes in these areas.

|