Question: Infection...or?

Madkass - Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:26 am

I have suddenly got what i believe is an urinary track infection, although I'm not certain I have never had one before so I would not know. I didnt have any shaving cream and i was using soap instead to shave down there, and i believe thats what caused the infection. (Although I have been having oral sex with my boyfriend.) But my symptoms are these: I'm really tender around my clitoris, and it burns not when i pee, but as soon as i stop peeing it burns and smells really strongly and is sometimes foul, and just a few minutes ago i was peeing blood. And i'm a hundred percet certain I'm not on my period. This started yesterday and i don't know what i have or how to treat it. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:52 pm

Blood in the urine which is not of menstrual origin must be investigated. The associated symptoms of urethral pain and very offensive urine are suggestive of urinary tract infection. Tests are mandatory for diagnosis and treatment.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 lllucille - Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:35 am

I am not a doctor, but I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a severe bladder infection. I started out with a little blood in the urine and within the next several hours when I went to the doctor to have it checked out, my urine was purple because the bladder infection had become so severe - my doctor told me that my bladder was shedding it's lining because it had become so irritated. You better get it checked out ASAP.

|