Question: Uterine Didelphys

mandirose - Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:08 am

Hello, My name is Amanda. I am a 22 year old female with a uterine didelphys. I have two cervixes, and a vaginal septum that was removed in September of 04'. I recently found out that i am pregnant after being told there was never going to be a good chance that i could get pregnant. I have my first prenatal visit on august 2 2005. I am very worried because my left uterus is very small, and abnormal. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to make the pregnancy last longer, any advice that you have would be appreciated. What questions should i ask my doctor? Should i see a high risk specialist? What should i do? I also have very severe asthma and i am currently taking albuterol, singulair, allegra, zyrtec-d, theophylynne, and ditropan for an over active bladder. I have not had an asthma attack in over a year ( which is the first time in my life that i have not had an attack for this long). I am usually hospitalized about every other month with asthma attacks. I am so worried because I know that woman with uterine didelphys do not have a good outcome with pregnancy. Any help at all would be appreciated!!!!
Hicksuwish@aol.com
_________________
 CharleenC - Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:27 pm

Its been a while since this was posted and I was hoping to get an update from you. You are a higher risk pregnancy and you do need to see a high risk specialist. Please let me know how thigns are going with you..post here and I will reply!
Charleen
 mandirose - Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:30 pm

I recently had a misccaraige.. i just had a DNC yesterday...
Well, not really a miscarraige i guess, the baby just never formed...
 CharleenC - Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:57 pm

I am very sorry to hear about your loss! I wish i knew u better to help you. I will be thinking of you...take care Charleen
 mandirose - Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:59 pm

I thank you for your comment.. its nice to know that people care!! If you know of any natural ways to get pregnant.. please let me know, becuase we will be trying again. It took us 2 years this last time, so any advice at all will help!! Thanks again!!
 CharleenC - Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:36 am

A few things to keep in mind when trying to conceive are floic acid supplements prior to trying, and also making sure you have a low stress environment and are healthy yourself. When someone loses a baby at that stage, it isnt something you yourself can change or you yourself caused, we all have imperfections and sometimes those arent compatible with life and a miscarriage occurs. Try to remember to lower your stress and take folic acid before trying.
I would love to be kepy up to date if you have time to update me.
Charleen

|