Question: Could be pregnant?

Michelle Sprint - Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:02 am

I've been on the depo shot for a year now, and for the past 2-3 weeks I've been having cramps, ribs have been hurting and when I eat or drink anything in the morning I start to get an upset stomach. I took two pregnancy test and they both came out negative but the negative sign was so faint that I had to get really close to a light to tell what the result was. So could I still be pregnant and it not be showing up on the home pregnancy test? Because I've hear that if you get pregnant on the shot that the only way that you can tell is by a blood test.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:15 am

User avatar Hi Michelle Sprint,
Although lab tests are more accurate for detecting pregnancy earlier, if you have taken 2 pregnancy tests and both have been negative I would be more inclined to relate your symptoms to another cause. If you remain concerned that you could possibly be pregnant you may want to contact your physician for an evaluation.

|