News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Is my girlfriend pregnant?

jmcbride4231978 - Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:58 pm

My girlfriend and I were fooling around two weeks ago (I was using a condom). Intercourse never occurred, as she is still a virgin, but the condom did break. Lately she has been complaining of a pain in her side, a lighter than normal period, a few red blotches on her chest and some other symptoms. She has yet to have morning sickness or anything else. She does not have an OB/GYN and refuses to go to one or to Planned Parenthood. She also does not want to take an at home pregnancy test. The incident occurred one day before the beginning of her period. My question is, what are the chances that she is actually pregnant? Can she be worrying so much about pregnancy that she is causing herself to have these symptoms and for her to believe she is pregnant? Her next period isn't due for a couple of weeks, but I can't wait that long. I have lost 8 pounds in two days (and I'm underweight to begin with). Please help.
 snowbunny - Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:32 pm

" Intercourse never occurred"

She is not pregnant if you did not insert your penis in her vagina and ejaculate.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here