News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: When do I take a Pregnancy test If I don't Have a Period?

CCpowell - Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:16 pm

[size=18][b] I have been taking Depo-Provera ever since I had my baby last October, however, I feel like I am having the same syptoms I had last time I found out I was pregnant[/size] . However, I don't have a period so how do I know when to take a Pregnany test, and how likely is it that I could be pregnant since I'm on Birth Control? :oops: Someone scared confused and despartely needs advice!!![/b]
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:16 am

User avatar Hi CCpowell,
If you are experiencing pregnancy symptoms you may want to perform a pregnancy test. However, keep in mind that approximately 25% of women whom use Depo-Provera for birth control experience symptoms of pregnancy, (breast tenderness, nausea etc.) without actually being pregnant. You may also want to consider using a calcium supplement while on this form of birth control because some research has suggested an effect on bone density while using this particular medication. Remember to discuss this with your physician.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here