News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pelvic swelling

oddworld - Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:21 pm

I have 2 children, and have been on the pill for 2 months now, but have been only remembering to take it every second day and take the one I forgot plus the next days one. My pelvic area starting swelling just like it did in pregnancy so I was worried that I was pregnant, I didn't really have any pregnancy symptoms apart from being a little nauseus of an evening which was the same as my last pregnancies so I did a test which was negative, the next day my period came. My pelvic area normally doesn't swell like this with my periods, so I am a bit dumfounded?. I don't have any pain, just feel bloated. What could this be?
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:18 pm

If you can feel a swelling in your pelvic area, it ican only occur in advanced pregnancy or due to some other condition, so if the pregnancy test is negative, it implies that you are not pregnant. It is possibly due to some other pathology. You can get in touch with me directly if you have any concerns.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here