Question: Very foul odor & excessive discharge

bewildered2 - Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:35 pm

I have a foul odor and excessive discharge from my vagina. It gets even worse when I am sexually stimulated which is extremely embarassing. I have had an exam recently and was also tested for std's and a yeast infection. All were negative. I had dysplasia about 4 years ago and had a LEEP procedure done. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it. My discharge is clear/white. I have no itching. The smell is horrible. It's embarrassing to say, but it smells like fish at times or something dead at times. I am a clean person. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what is wrong with me. PLEASE HELP!!!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:55 pm

User avatar You may have bacterial vaginosis, which can only be treated by an antibiotic, so I would sugegst going to yoru doctor and explaining your symptoms to get treatment.
 bewildered2 - Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:07 pm

Thank you for responding so quickly. Is this not something they would have tested for when I had my pap smear and the tests for STDs?
Thank you!
 elhazzja - Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:16 pm

I have had bacterial vagionsis 2 times within the past year. It is not fun. Does the discharge smell fishy or kind of like ammonia? It usually does tend to smell worse during intercourse and symptoms often get worse before your period. You have to go to your doctor to get treated for this and he/she will need to do a vaginal swab to find out if that is really what it is, you should find out that day while you are waiting. What I have been given to treat it are antibiotics that I took twice a day for 7 days. After the first day you can feel some relief. I know that I waited until syptoms got bad my first time and I ended up with very very very painful intercourse, burning, and itching so you should try to get this problem solved as soon as possible.

|