Question: period

smiley0329 - Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:02 pm

Is there anyway to make your period stop?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:54 pm

User avatar You can safely make your period stop by using certain birth control.
Depo provera is a shot taken every 4 months. You begin taking the shot when you are menstrating, it is common to have a period or spotting for as long as until it is time for the next shot, after that the period will cease for as long as you are on the shot.
there is also a type of birth control that is taken for continuously for 3 months at a time and will stop menstration during that period, so you will only have a period once every three months.
A lot of woman take their regular birth control periods continuously, skiping the last week of placebo pills and going directly to the next active pack to stop their periods from occuring.
 Marylandsbest - Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:39 am

My husband and I have been trying to concieve. I have tried tracking my period in order to find out when I ovulate. My only problem is that some months my period is 28 days others months my period is 30 to 31days. One month it will be 22 days then the next month 26 days. It never stays normal. Does anyone have any suggestions how to regulate my period without going on birth control. We are really having a hard time getting pregnant.

Thank-You
 rockydaisy - Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:18 pm

Hello, I'm a 27 year old female and have had problems with my period since the age of 15. up until about 3 years ago I'd go months and sometimes even a whole year without a period. When I was about 24 my periods started to regulate for the most part. BUT, for the last 3 months I've been bleeding off and on and now have been on my period (HEAVILY) for almost 4 weeks now. And it's not just blood- blood clots the size of my cell phone are discharging. I get an occasional cramp but nothing serious. However, I've been having severe headaches and have experianced major fatigue over the last several months. I've never been pregant (have been trying for 6 years now) and have never been on any birth control. It's a huge inconvienance to say the least considering i'm having "accidents" an average of 2 times per week at work, so much so that i've begun carrying an extra set of bottoms to work with me.
Another thing that i'm really embarresed to mention...... I have never been to a gynecologist :( Can you please give me some kind of idea of what the problem could be? I would appreciate this GREATLY!! Thank you so much! ---Felicia[/b]

|