News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Any responses will help... Could I be pregnant?!

buggs24 - Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:03 pm

I have written a question under the gynocology section, but this OB might be a better place to get answers. Here is a little back ground- I am 21 and have been with my boyfriend for over a year now. I am on ortho tri low and take it consistantly. I have been having pain during intercourse in the right side of my vagina. It almost feels by the right ovary, but I am not sure. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now, and it feels like a sharp shooting pain. I am also having cramps frequently throughout the day. They are almost like PMS cramps, but I am a week and a half away from my period (and this has been going on for 2-2 1/2 wks now). My nipples are very sore and sensitive to the touch. I have also been quite constipated. I know these are all signs of pregnancy, but I took a home preg. test and it came up negative. The Dr. office said they would be calling me back with some answers but I haven't heard from them yet and so it would be great to get some advice while I wait it out...

Does anyone think there is still a possibility that I may be pregnant even thought the test said negative or any other ideas what is going on?!

Any response are greatly appriciated!!! :)
 DesperatetoConceive21 - Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:20 pm

Those are symptoms, but usually HPT's will not show a positive until the day or so after your missed period. If you are having pain though, it could be an infection. I would suggest talking to your doctor, or maybe call a womens clinic if they don't get back to you quick enough. But I am not a doctor...Hope everything works out the way you want.
DTC21 :wink:
 CharleenC - Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:40 pm

I would be more inclined to worry about you having an infection. Please contact a Dr. When was your last pap test also?
 buggs24 - Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:21 pm

That's the thing I just had a pap and got tested for everything Aug. 8th. Everything came out fine... which it should I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and have only been sexually active with one other guy. But that is beside the point... I have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow and hopefully I can get some answers. Thanks for the responses :) I just wanted to get some advice while I had to wait for my appointment.

Thanks again!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here