News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Extreme cramps and over heavy bleeding

 Mickeysdesired - Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:56 pm

During my period, I have to stay home from school sometimes two or three days because my cramps are so extreme I can't walk without crying in pain, and medication sometimes help, as in Extra Strength Midol, and IB Profin.

That, and I have to change a super tampon almost every 45 minutes or faster.

Help? I'm hoping to find medication, or something. I"m tired of living in agony. It just doesn't seem normal.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:27 pm

User avatar You should see the gynecologist and explain your symptoms to him, you may have endometrosis. Such a heavy flo is not normal. You may be prescribed birth control pills, even if you arent sexualyl active, they will help your cramps and regulate your period.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here