News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: period follow up

archita - Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:10 pm

I had posted before, and I would just like to get a follow up. I am 22 years old, and usually had irregular periods, living with other girls usually helped my sync up, but since my last period on the 22nd of july, I had expexted the next one to come around the 22nd of august since I had a almost 30 day cycle for about 3 months, now back in college and living with my roomates again, the sync up didnt happen and since my period didnt show up I had about 3 preg test and they came out negative. I am sexually active, but practice safe sex (always use condoms). I had been a little worried about this, and then on the 10th of september I had some brown discharge, first spotting and then a bit heavier, the next day this turned into a "period like" discharge, but it was lighter in comparision with my usual periods, it was more mucose like, red and brown at times. This continued until the 14th, on the 15th i had very little dark brown discharge and that was it. I just wonder if this was my period? since it was so different from previous ones,
thanks so much
 DeLWolcott - Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:01 pm

Yes, this probably was your period. The stress of moving and/or changing lifestyle could have had an effect on your hormone levels, changing the timing and/or intensity. Menstrual periods tend to vary throughout a female's life.

A visit with your gynecologist would be a good idea to check hormone levels and any physical changes. Hopefully things will get back to normal for you soon!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here