Question: Pregnancy/Pill Question

Patient101 - Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:48 pm

I am on the birth control pill, and after everytime I complete the packet I ALWAYS get my period automatically the next morning. Now, today is suppose to be the first day of my period, and I still haven't gotten it. I know that some periods are irregular and late...but even on the pill???? ...should I be worrying? (I did have sex during this month.) And although not medically related, I keep having pregnancy dreams which makes me a little more paranoid. Can someone please advise me as to the seriousness of my situation? Thanks a lot!
 DeLWolcott - Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Yes, there is always that 0.5% or whatever chance that you could have become pregnant while on the pill. However, there is nothing that can be determined this early on without having a pregnancy test. Sorry.
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:37 pm

User avatar just to expand on the previous post, there is always a small chance of getting preg on the pill.....when you are taking them same time everyday. There is a much HIGHER chance of becoming preg if you are NOT taking them the same time everyday. Also, if you are NOT taking them as directed....same time everyday...your periods will not be as calculated and you may very well have irreg periods. Your best bet.......get tested.....good luck to you!.....................Angela,RN
 Patient101 - Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:35 pm

...but is it common to have late periods even on the pill? Mine have always been regular.

Thanks for the replies!

|