Question: mean mother-in-law at it again

lilysuzanne - Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:28 pm

mother-in-law claims to have taken the dried up part of umbilical cord from my baby to have it tested for her meisos(?) to see if he's really her grandson.He definately is, but would a lab actually perform a test like that? Can you walk in with the dried up scab of someone and have it tested?I think she's lying, but this is causing me much aggravation.Thank you , don't mean to waste your time.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:51 pm

User avatar Hi lilysuzanne,
You are certainly not wasting anyone's time. Don't even bother worrying yourself about your mother in law. To my knowledge, although it's possible to test for paternity from cord blood, (providing there is consent from both parents) using what she claims, and how she claims she is going to do it...... is quite unlikely. I am not aware of a lab anywhere that would do such a test such as she is claiming. Some people's desire is to make all of those around them miserable because they are themselves miserable. Very sad indeed.
 lilysuzanne - Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:17 pm

Thank you, that's what I thought, but it was comforting to hear it from a professional.your kindness brought tears to my eyes and then I was able to laugh at her. You are right, she is miserable and trying to make me that way.

|