News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: mean mother-in-law at it again

lilysuzanne - Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:28 pm

mother-in-law claims to have taken the dried up part of umbilical cord from my baby to have it tested for her meisos(?) to see if he's really her grandson.He definately is, but would a lab actually perform a test like that? Can you walk in with the dried up scab of someone and have it tested?I think she's lying, but this is causing me much aggravation.Thank you , don't mean to waste your time.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:51 pm

User avatar Hi lilysuzanne,
You are certainly not wasting anyone's time. Don't even bother worrying yourself about your mother in law. To my knowledge, although it's possible to test for paternity from cord blood, (providing there is consent from both parents) using what she claims, and how she claims she is going to do it...... is quite unlikely. I am not aware of a lab anywhere that would do such a test such as she is claiming. Some people's desire is to make all of those around them miserable because they are themselves miserable. Very sad indeed.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 lilysuzanne - Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:17 pm

Thank you, that's what I thought, but it was comforting to hear it from a professional.your kindness brought tears to my eyes and then I was able to laugh at her. You are right, she is miserable and trying to make me that way.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here