News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: something strange

krazykute - Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:01 am

I was suppose to have started my period about 2 weeks ago. but instead i started having this brown stuff come out and sometimes it has some bright red blood in it. and it has been going on for almost 3 weeks now. Im kind of scared, because i don't kno what is going on. im a virgin... but i think there may be a possibility that i may be pregnant. but i don't think that i am... i really don't kno what to do...
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:03 am

User avatar If you are a virgin why do you think there may be a possibility of being pregnant?
Are you on any type of birth control?
What is you age?
How heavy is the flow? IS it more brown or more blood?
It is normal to have periods vary at times, from heavy to light, with the brown spotting.
Being that this started at the time of your period, I would tell you it is nothing to be concerned about but since it has been going on for 3 weeks, it needs to be investigated further.
 krazykute - Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:55 pm

[b]well the last time i had my period me and my boyfriend where in the pool. i had a tampon in but his...penis cam in contact with me it didn't go in but it touched the outer side... and i don't kno if he had an of the pre. stuff coming out... and i didn't kno if i could possiby get pregnant that way. i am 17.i am not on any birth control because my mom won't allow it.the flow isn't that heavy... it covers up one side of a tampon. and it's more brown the blood. so is this something to be really concerned about?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:55 pm

User avatar You are not poregnant. The possibility of getting pregnant on your period is nearly impossible. You can go to a family planning clinic and get birth control without having to tell your parents. If you are sexually active you need to be protected. It is free to under 18, and they offer gynecological services and birth control

I don't think you should be overly concerned, but bleeding for 3 weeks is not normal, and needs to be checked out by a doctor.
 krazykute - Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:28 pm

Thank you so very much. Where i live it is impossible to get birth control w/o my parents finding out.and i will turn 18 in 3 days... so i would have to pay for it... we live in an extremly small town. anyway i am not sexually active at all, it was just an accident, we were just wrestling each other and his swim trunks slipt down. But i will consult my dr. and try to get an appt. Thank you again for all of your help! :D

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here