Question: painful lump inside labia majora

4alexis2 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:54 pm

I'm a 41 yr not sexually active for past six years. I recently noticed a lump inside the left side/ upper part of the labia majora . I do not think it's the bartholin gland. It's painful, can I put neosporin I don't know what to do it's gotten bigger and its painful. I've had it now for past five days it appeared all of a sudden
 pidge - Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:25 pm

Hi, I wanted to reply since I have had this happen in the past. The first time it happened, I was shocked. However, after going to the doctor, it turned out to be a pimple or in my case, a cyst. These are common since we do have sweat glands everywhere that can get clogged. I found that after a hot bath or shower, gently squeeze. It may not pop the first time, but keep at it. It hurts a bit, but then it's gone almost immediately. It is quite gross, but it won't go away any other way. Whatever you do, DON'T use any pimple medication down there! Witch hazel is ok. Good luck!

|