News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: overy pain

hurting - Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:16 pm

HI I am 23 years old. I had a partial hystrectomy 4 months ago due to endometriosis.
I still have bad pain in my overies. The doctor said they looked great when he did my hystrectomy. I went to a gastroenterologist and he said everything was fine other then being a little constipated. I don't know whats causing the pain. I think my endometriosis is back and on my overies my doctor said that is very rare. What do you think it could be? The doctors have quit giving me pain med. for it because they can't find out whats wrong and nothing else works the pain is constant. Its always there. I also have some nausea and leg pain and a clear discharge.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:49 am

User avatar Hi hurting,
Endometriosis may cause adhesions to other abdominal structures which include the intestines and ovaries. An abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound should assist identifying if this is the source of pain. Inquire with your physician about this diagnostic study. As for the constipation, this also causes abdominal pain and it is suggested that increases in fiber intake and recommended intake of water will help eliminate this problem.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here