Question: Am I pregnant or is it too early?

nurse2001 - Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:03 am

I had my last period the end of this Sept. and never received it in Oct. (I always get my menses the last week of the month) It's now November and I took 3 First respone pregnancy test and all were neg. I have 2 kids now and last week I had that feeling and very ironic thighs have been happening just like my last 2 pregnancys. Is it too early or is there something wrong?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:44 pm

User avatar There is appreciable variation in the length of the ovarian (and thus menstrual) cycle among women, and even in the same woman. It is not until 10 days or more after the time of expected onset of the menstrual period, therefore, that the absence of menses is a reliable indication of pregnancy. When a second menstrual period is missed, the probability of pregnancy is much greater.

References:
==========
1. Cunningham FG, Gilstrap LC, Gant NF, Hauth JC, Leveno KJ, Wenstrom KD, eds. Williams Obstetrics, 21st edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2001.

|