Question: BirthControl and side effects

casper - Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:55 pm

The first pill I took was marcette I spotted most of the time but it was the migrains I began to have that made me switch pills.I was intructed to finsh the pack and was given ortho tri cyclin lo The first month was Ok but I do remember feeling warmer then usual. The second month I had my panic attack. It was very scary. I should have stop taking them all togather but I am married and I enjoyed being able to be spontanous. At the end of the third month the panic attacks become more frequent, I just could not stand and stopped taking the pill. The only problems is I am still suffering from the spells of attacks and I am allways scared I will have them. I just wish I could feel like I did before I started this pill. Has anyone else experied this. How long will it take for this hormone to be removed from my system completly?What should I do/? I want to add I do not do drugs, drink coffee, or smoke.
Please reply, Renee
 Binkalette - Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:13 am

oh wow..Ok..that was helpful to me too. See, I'm on ortho tri cyclen lo too..and about three months after I started taking them..I started having horrible panic attacks.. I'm still on the pill now.. seven months later...but I'm learning how to make them go away... Since your not even on it anymore..it's mostly just in your head. Next time you get a panic attack, just force yourself to calm down..I mean..Panic attacks are really stupid.. I mean..it's never like your ever in any real danger or anything...You just FEEL like your gonna die.. But your not.. You haven't died yet have you?? If you don't think you can do it on your own..I would go to the doctor and look in to getting a prescription to help you cope... Trust me..They'll go away and you'll start feeling fine..

When I had mine, I thought I had everything under the sun..I had no idea it was a panic attack. At first I thought I was just sick with the flu or something..because I got myself into such a tizzy that I threw up.. Then I felt like..maybe I was diabetic? But oh man..it was so unlikely.. And then ..maybe there was something else wrong? I always felt weak and shakey...maybe I had a problem in my back?? Or maybe I was just dying?? Then I started feeling a tightness in my chest and neck... and decided I should go to the doctor and see if maybe I was having heart problems... I didn't have any. So I went to the chyropracter..and she told me exactly what it was...Panic attacks....That simple :S It's been about three months..but it's getting better every single day.. I might still swich pills..not sure yet... I want to try seasonal...

|