News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pregnancy advice

Heaven - Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:06 pm

I had my last period Oct. 15.
I had unprotected sex on Nov. 1. Withdrawl method was used.
Next period due around Nov. 12

I have started spotting today. very light brown discharge.

Is this the start of my period, or implantation bleeding possibly?
no other symptoms. no cramping that usually occurs with my period.
 Heaven - Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:13 am

Nevermind.

It was the start of my period. It was just strange because I began spotting slightly, didn;t even need a panty liner, was just a little on toilet tissue.

But it began to get heavier through out the day, and I started having usual cramps.
 tmoeamber - Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:28 pm

[size=18][/size :?:

I may be Pregnant. I had my period on October 6th or 9th and failed to have one in nov.

my question is i am 30lbs over weight. Is there a possible diet I can follow to not gain too much weight. I am currently taking a diet supplement by Shape works/ Herbal life that is a sucess weight loss plan for me, but i am not sure if it's suitable if pregnant.

Is there a plan that is safe to use while i am pregnant? Thanks]
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:10 pm

User avatar Dieting during pregnancy is not safe. Weight gain is am important part of pregnancy. If you are overweight, you can control weight gain, but not attempt to lose any weight. What I mean by that is, a healthy weight gain during pregnancy is about 25-30 lbs. You can try not to gain more than that, but some women do.
It is best to put off the weight loss until after the pregnancy. Using weight loss supplements during pregnancy is not safe.

First, you should confirm pregnancy with a doctor.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here