News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: lump on cervix!

mumof3 - Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:24 pm

I forgot to mention in my last question, I am a mum of 3 - 28 years old so don't really go to the doctors very often, tend to save things up and go when i have to. My husband said that on my cervix there is a lump, it is quite big - doesn't hang out or anything but is large enough to feel if you touch it. My cervix is normal with a round lump on it just near the mouth. Should I go to the doctors with this one or is it fairly normal? Last pap smear was in 2004.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:52 am

User avatar Hi mumof3,
A Narbothian cyst (benign) may develop on the cervix due to blockage of one of the many glands. This usually presents no problem and requires no treatment unless they become quite large. They usually feel smooth, firm and round. Polyps of the cervix are growths that generally protrude from the cervix. These may cause abnormal vaginal bleeding. Either of these conditions can be identified by pelvic exam. Regardless of the cause, any changes in the cervix warrants an evaluation by your physician. I would suggest you call for an evaluation to identify the causative factor.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 mumof3 - Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:00 pm

Thanks for that - I will definitely make an appt to see my GP, I guess I put it off unless I really have to go. Have a family and not always able to go to the doc for female check ups with a 4 year old tagging along.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:17 am

User avatar Hi mumof3,
It is very difficult to keep regular appointments when you have children but it is as important for you to do this for yourself as well as your family. When family support is less than needed due to other obligations which may prevent a family member from going with you to the office you could ask a friend and have her accompany you on the buddy system so to speak. She could help you with your's and you could in turn help her on her next appointment. That way both of you have regular check-ups that are less stressful. I hope this was somewhat helpful. When your time permits I hope to see an update to your post.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here