Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Back pain and severe dizziness, 34 weeks pregnant

Dandanescu - Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:07 pm

I'm 34 weeks pregnant, RH negative and mother of 3 years old daughter. My first baby was delivered by C section and this next baby will be delivered with the same procedure. I'm expecting January 4th but the doctor said they will proceed a C section 1-2 weeks before my due date. In August I started to have upper Back pain witch some times gives me hard time to breath but the most embarrassing thing is that I have some weird symptoms. On my left ear sometimes I hear like a "whoosh" and right after I have severe dizziness and I have to sit down or grab the walls not to fell down and break my neck. All my life I had Anemia and the doctor said I am even more anemic due the pregnancy (the suppected me that I have "thalassemia" but the hematologist will confirm this the following days) . Is there any relation between the Anemia and the "whoosh" sign followed by that enormous dizziness? To be honest with you I'm scared to tell my doctor about the left ear "whoosh" noise and the severe dizziness. For the Anemia the doctor prescribed me Palafer CF but I cannot tolerate it and right after I throw out. During all the first pregnancy I was throwing out and this pregnancy I still throw out but a little bit less.
I had a very difficult first pregnancy because of all that nauseas but this one is a little bit worst because of the dizziness and the ear "whoosh" noise. Is there anybody can help me understand those symptoms and is there any kind of treatment to follow?
I really need help becuase is starting to scare me...
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:07 am

User avatar Hi Dandanescu,
Any pressure, fluid, etc. that affects the inner ear may cause dizziness. I am strongly encouraging you to inform your physician of the symptoms that you are experiencing so a proper evaluation can be done before you end up with an injury to you or your baby from falling, etc.

|