News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: hemochromatosis please help

onebadco69 - Sun May 21, 2006 7:51 pm

36 wf diabetic many years ago i started getting awful pains muscle pain with joint pain been checked for everything no test came back positive drs sat insulin level is high i produce too much insulin also found out have fatty liver i get awful urq pain they say not from fatty liver also i have been losing hair on scalp and pubic area noticed little freckles or petechia just on shoulders and chest did some more blood work dr said estrogen and testosterone levels high think im loosing my mind im now trying to get my dr to check my iron levels my family is english and welsch on my mothers side mother born in england when i talked to my dr he asked if they were positive i told him i don't know most of them are dead so he asks like he wont check how do i get it checked thank you for any help
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:21 pm

User avatar Dear onebadco69,

From these informations a poly cystic ovary syndrome PCOS is to be considered while searching for any possible cause.

Between 4% and 7% of women of PCOS produce high level of male hormone testosterone in their ovaries. Recently, it has been shown that some of them they also have high insulin hormone levels to overcome the increased resistance to insulin's effects.

Polycystic ovary syndrome -PCOS- is a condition in which females have problems in
their menstrual cycle,
fertility,
excess hormones including insulin production,
heart, blood vessels,
and physical appearance (obesity).
acne, oily skin, or dandruff
obesity and
high blood pressure
hair loss in specific parts due to high androgen level

Cause of PCOS are not known yet and diagnosis is confirmed by Abdominal US in addition to the other labs.
I advise you to keep on follow up with your doctor and to discuss with him the mentioned information.
Keep us updated.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here