News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: blood test results

lainie - Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:43 pm

Hi Lainie here 51yr old lungcancer pt in remission who had right lower lobectomy and endometriosis and other things I allready talked about. I just had a complete blood and urine test and have some abnormal findings don't quite understand them I know that they were looking for an Autoimmune disease all I know is that my legs hurt almost all the time and I am tired alot I am taking cymbalta 60 mgs, zocor 40mgs,protonix 40mgs, claratin10mgs, benazepril hcl/hydrochlor 20/25 . The abnormal findings in the comprehensive metabolic panel are Urea Nitrogen 21.0 h out of 5.0-19.0, Creatinine 1.7 h out of o.8-1.1, Alkaline Phosphatase
132 h out of 30-125, AST 35 h out of 12-30, ALT h 40 out of 0-30, Anion Gap 17 h out of 7-16, Sed rate 70 h out of 0-24, C-Reactive Protein 1.3 h out of 0.0-1.0
CBC W Diff WBC 11.4 h out of 4.5-10.8, Hemoglobin 11.0 l out of 12.0-16.0, Hematocrit 32.2 l out of 36.0-46.0, RBC 3.48 l out of 4.20-5.40, Absolute Lymphocytes 3.9 h out of 0.9-3.1, ANA abnormal low positive, ANA Reflex Panel ANA Q@uantitative 1:80 A new <1:40 Ana Pattern Speckled with these results could i have more cancer or more likely Lupus or is this not enough to go on thanks lainie p.s. getting tired feel like I am getting the run around so please help me
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:39 pm

User avatar Hello,

Your labs seem to point more towards lupus. Has your doctor ordered any more labs? Was an anti-double stranded DNA test done?

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here