News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: info -Blood test

gordan1x2 - Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Im 23 old male and i don't eat meat , before one year i make blood test and rbc ,hct , and hgb were high, now after one year i made once again blood test and rbc are still high these are some of the results , i must say I don’t know if this have some in common but strangely on my skin now I have more black and red dots (spots) on the body , and my mouth is very dry and i feel tirednes :
Wbc 5,6-(4-9)
Rbc 5.9-(4.2-5.5)
Hgb 168-(140-180)
Hct 0,53 ( 0.37-0.54)
Trombocyte 176- (140-340)
CEP 3 -(4-10)
Mchc 300 -(315 - 350)
Mch26.5 -(26.5-33.5)
Rdw 13.2 (10-15)
mpv 10 -(6.5 - 11)
Pdw 11 (10 - 18)
Mcv 90 - (4 - 97)
proteins- 75 (65-80) , Albumin 52 (35-50) , globulin 23 (27 – 35 )

is something in common with the food because i don't eat meat or something maybe with liver or something else.
thanks ,sorry for my bad english
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:01 pm

User avatar I think your RBC's are unrelated to your symptoms. Your RBC's are only slightly elevated. Your HgB and HCT are normal making the RBC level less important. I would not be concerned about this.

I would recommend you discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You may need further testing to see why you are having these symptoms.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here