News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: HELP WITH BLOOD TEST RESULTS!

worriedinflorida - Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:12 pm

I am a 34-year-old female that just got back my blood test results and I am worried because I may have to go see a hematologist if the results haven't changed in 3 weeks. Below are my results..please tell me if you think I have leukemia or if it's just an infection. I have been tired lately and low-grade fever with sinus drainage. Any help would be appreciated.

WBC---19.5

PLATELET COUNT----------------414,000

ABSOLUTE NEUTROPHILS----------16,295

ABSOLUTE LYMPHOCYTES--------2,218

ABSOLUTE MONOCYTES-------------1,010
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:24 pm

User avatar Hi WorriedinFlorida,

Based on these results it is likely that you are reacting to a virus since your lymphocyte percentage of your WBC's is elevated. Simply based on these results I see no evidence of cancer.

If your WBC count goes down in a few weeks it is almost certainly an infection.

Best wishes.
 worriedinflorida - Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:04 pm

Thank you for your response...I just got my new results in and wanted to ask you another question. My doc still thinks I need to see a hematologist but my results were much better this time around..I will post them below...let me know what you think...do you really think it's necessary for me to see one also even if my numbers are lower now?

WBC----12.9

Platelet Count------408,000

Neutrophils-------9,585

Lymphocytes-----2,258

Monocytes------722

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here