News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Please help...All of the sudden Burses....

meow2 - Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:02 pm

Okay I am not sure if this is where I should post this but this past Saturday (today is Tuesday) on my right inner forearm arm a burse appeared. It started out looking small and light blue. By Sunday afternoon it was full blown dark purple and blue. I don’t remember ever hitting my self there. I didn’t think much of it but on Monday night on my left inner four arm I say another light blue circle in almost the same spot as on my other arm. This morning I woke up and my left arm is now purple and blue and my right arm is purple and red. Does anyone have any ideas that this could be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:21 am

User avatar Hi Meow2,

Given the extent of your bruising I would recommend you see your doctor to have some blood tests done. Your platelet count and clotting times should be checked to see if there is an abnormality.

Bruising to this extent without significant trauma can sometimes signal a deficiency in one of the clotting parts. This can be triggered by many different things so an evaluation is important.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here