News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Low Platelets

Deannainlasvegas - Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:18 am

I am 39 yrs old next month, female diagnosed with ITP in 1993 (platelets were 30,000), had spleen removed in 1996 since prednisone was not successful, platelets returned to normal after surgery. I had a relapse in Jan 2006 while 35 weeks pregnant with platelets at 23,000, my son was delivered and soon after my platelets returned to normal with a slight decrease once after his birth and then just recently I had another relapse and platelets dropped to 6,000 my hemo Dr put me on prednisone 60 mg and they rose to 100,000 he then had me take 40 mg of prednisone and my next test was 92,000 since they dropped he had me stay on the 40 mg of prednisone I test again on monday, my question is this, since prednisone tends to make my appetite increase (i have gained 10 pnds- 140 at 5'2, I am fearful of gaining more but im always wanting to eat, so I am wondering if its ok to take phentermine 37.5 while on these steriods treatments for my platelets? Thank you for your time.
 Deannainlasvegas - Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:20 am

I am sorry I forgot to add...I am also on synthroid for my hypothyroidism .5

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here