Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Restrictions after being trated for bloodclot in lungs

cmnixhp - Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:34 pm

I recently spent six days in the hospital after finding out I have a bloodclot at the bottom of each lung. I have been taking Coumadin. The doctor sent me home with no restrictions as far as activity level and said I could go back to work (I work with 2 and 3 year old children). Is it typical that there are no restrictions?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:48 pm

User avatar Hello Cmnixhp,

This is fairly typical. Keep in mind that while you are on the coumadin your risk of bleeding goes up (since it s an anti-clotting medicine). If you fall and have any significant trauma you may develop large bruises. If you hit your head you should be aware of signs if intracranial bleeding to watch for including headache, nausea/vomiting, and changes in mental status. If any of these appear you should be seen immediately.

|